According to the Center for Disease Control, dogs bite around 4.7 million Americans annually. Of that 4.7 million, 20% of dog bites cause an injury that requires medical
If you or a loved one has suffered a dog bite injury, contact The Ash Legal Group to speak to one of our experienced dog bite lawyers today. We can get you the compensation you seek, and deserve!
Let our firm stand up for your rights, call (877) 715-2944, today!
If a dog bites you, take these steps right away:
1) Press on the wound gently to cause some bleeding (This will help flush out bacteria)
2) Wash the wound (water and soap)
3) Slow the bleeding with a piece of cloth
4) Apply over-the counter antibiotic cream
5) Wrap the wound in a sterile bandage
6) See your doctor
7) Change the bandage several times a day once your doctor has examined the wound.
8) Watch for signs of infection (These include swelling, redness, increased pain and fever)
9) Speak to a licensed attorney to determine if you are eligible for compensation
Generally, the injured party can sue the owner of the pet for the damages that he or she has suf-fered. Under U.S law, the fault lies with the owner of the pet. All dogs are therefore required to be well trained and kept out of situations that elicit aggression.
While it is true that the owner of a dog is generally responsible for his or her dog’s aggression, in some cases the blame may fall on someone else.
Such cases include:
1) Owner of Property:
Those with a dog on property which he or she owns assumes some responsibility for the dog’s actions. This is the case only if the property owner has not taken adequate measures to keep the people in and around the property reasonably safe from the dog.
2) Someone who has taken custody of the dog for a period of time:
Harboring a stray dog or dog sitting for a friend, falls into this category. This person can be liable for any injuries as any owner would be.
Depending on the injuries you have suffered due to a dog bite, you may be entitled to recover for:
– Medical expenses
– Property damage
– Pain and suffering
– Lost wages
If you need more information regarding a dog bite lawsuit, call The Ash Legal Group at (877) 715-2944, today. We are here to offer our legal expertise and caring nature in order to get you the compensation you deserve!